Women's Leadership Exchange® Privacy Notice
Women's Leadership Exchange® LLC (“WLE”) is committed to protecting the personal privacy rights of all our users. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used on www.womensleadershipexchange.com (“our Web site”). By visiting our Web site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does WLE Gather?
The information we learn from you helps us personalize and continually improve your experience on our Web site. Here are the types of information we gather.
· Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. This includes the information that you provide us when creating a Leader Profile. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our Web site, and communicating with you.
· Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Web site. Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; and cookie number.
· E-mail and Other Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from WLE if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-newsletter or other email and mail from us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell us that you want to unsubscribe and what you want to unsubscribe to.
More About Cookies
· Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as logging on more easily sign up for events and other activities.
· The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of our Web site's most useful features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does WLE Share the Information It Receives?
· Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries WLE controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
· Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses, such as OPEN: Small Business Network™ from American Express. We may also in the future operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
· Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling reservation orders, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
· Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of WLE customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please email us at email@example.com indicate that you want to unsubscribe to promotional email from WLE sponsors.
· Demographic Information: The demographic information that we collect may be used to tailor your experience at this site, showing content that we think you might be interested in, and displaying the content according to your preferences. Your demographic information will also be used as to aid us in planning offline events geared toward your interests. In the aggregate, demographic and other information we collect may be shared with our advertisers and sponsors to help them better understand our services and monitor the reach of their advertising and/or sponsorship of our web site or our events. However, we will never share your individual demographic information.
· Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that WLE, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
· Protection of WLE and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of WLE, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
· With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
· We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
· We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
Protecting children's privacy is especially important to WLE. For that reason, we never collect or maintain any information at our web site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our web site is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit our Web site, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of New York. If you have any concern about privacy at our Web site, please send us a thorough description to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use, will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
How to Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, or any other matter, please contact us at email@example.com.